Balsamic Spinach Salad



Servings:
single (double up as you desire)

Fresh and leafy spinach with flavorful vegetables, and a tangy balsamic kick. This is something I've been throwing together lately as I rummage through the fridge looking for edibles. (I'm the only vegan in the house, so the fridge and pantry are usually quite stocked with all kinds of things I can't have.) Quantities are approximate; I usually just make it up as I go along.

Ingredients:

2 cups fresh spinach, washed
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 medium-sized button mushrooms, chopped
1 small ripe avocado, sliced into 8ths
handful (or more) pinenuts
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

* You can also add bell peppers. I like any color other than green. (Green is ok, but the other colors are very sweet & juicy by comparison.)
* If you're not a fan of pine nuts, try almond slices instead.

Preparation:

In a bowl, combine spinach, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, and pinenuts. Take one 1/8 sliver of avocado, cut gently lengthwise, then dice along width; gently scrape from rind into salad mixture. Toss. Top with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste.

0 comments:

 
Guide To Recipes © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger