Chocolate Hazelnut Butter



Delicious hazelnut butter with a chocolate taste.

Ingredients:

1c hazenuts
1 tbsp agave
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
pinch sea salt (optional. Meaning I didn't add any but I hear you're supposed to?)
Preparation:

in a food processor, blend (process? what's the right word here?) the hazelnuts until smooth. It took a long time, so I took a blending break every once in a while to scrap down the sides and scrap up the butter that was forming on the bottom.

I also didn't want it to get too hot in order to keep it natural, so breaks were good. We have this awesome laser temperature reader that I love to use while uncooking, and that I'm pretty sure the boy is regretting introducing me to for that reason, and I checked the temperature when it had all become butter, which I felt was probably the hottest point, and it was 101-102F (Funny, I've always been a centigrade girl until I got into the whole natural thing. Also funny is how I can only do sewing measurements in non metric and have a lot of trouble getting my head around metric, but I can only do distances and speeds in metric...)

After it was butterized, I added in the rest of the ingredients and processed till well mixed. You might want to add in the coconut oil near the beginning to help it get going faster.

0 comments:

 
Guide To Recipes © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger